Let me introduce you to Valentino. Elaine Seamans discovered him at the Baldwin Park Animal Shelter in Los Angeles County.
So yet, no one from the shelter has visited him. Valentino, however, was infected with sarcoptic mange, a skin illness caused by mites that mostly affects dogs but may sometimes spread to people and create a minor rash.
His eyes were caked shut and he was covered in dirt. Valentino meowed to Elaine as she walked by despite his blindness, and knowing he needed a human contact, she took him up and hugged him without gloves.
Valentino was so ill that he could almost move, and Elaine was afraid he might die in her arms while she held him. So she contacted Toby Wisneski, who works at Leave No Paws Behind, a friend of hers.
On top of the mange, they discovered a bacterial illness and bleeding ulcer in the vet’s office. His health was deteriorating as a result of this, but Valentino was a fighter. He reacted well to therapy and was able to open his eyes after a week. His rescuers saw his eyes were green for the first time.
Despite his illnesses, his health status was good, and he was quickly on the cure.
Valentino was a beautiful senior tiger cat once he was cleaned up, and after three months of therapy and care, he was a foster fail since his foster family became his permanent home.
He’s almost unrecognizable from the cat he was three months ago at the animal shelter, and he’s now working to raise money to save more older cats like him.
Read more at the Animal On World category.